Foudazi, R., Bezik, C., Feke, D. L., Manas-Zloczower, I., Merrigan, S. R., & Rowan, S. J. (2017). METHOD FOR THE PRODUCTION OF HIGH INTERNAL PHASE EMULSION FOAMS.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2015
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2015
- Ph.D in Molecular Engineering, University of Chicago, 2020 (expected)
- 2015-present: Graduate Research Assistant
- University of Chicago
- Furthered study fluctuation-stabilized mesophases formed from nonlinear block copolymers and probed the dynamical properties of the resulting networked structures.
- Studied unique defective structures formed in block copolymer self assembly via simulation previously only known to occur experimentally.
- Performed Monte Carlo simulations in combination with advanced free energy sampling techniques to understand self-assembly of block copolymers, especially in contact hole geometries. Elucidated pathways of defect formation and annihilation.
- Collaborated with experimental partners at IMEC to design combined theoretical and experimental studies.
Participated in the development of the Software Suite for Advanced General Ensemble Simulations (SSAGES), collaborating on the addition of string methods.
- Supervisor: Professor Juan de Pablo
- 2012-2015: Research Assistant
- Case Western Reserve University
- Prepared and characterized poly-(high internal phase emulsion) foams. Developed understanding of structure-property relationships, and their variance with composition of the emulsion precursor.
- Collaborated with industrial partners at Procter & Gamble to develop new equipment and experimental stragies.
- Provided critical advancement of synthesis of poly-(high internal phase emulsion) fibers, a novel preparation of the material (U.S. Patent No. 9574058)
- Supervisor: Professor Ice Manas-Zloczower, Professor Donald Feke
- Parallel computing with MPI
- Web design:
- HTML, CSS
- Molecular dynamics:
- Scientific computing software:
- SEM, Optical Microscopy, ARES Rheometer, Thermogravimetric Analysis, MTS Universal Testing System, BET Analysis.
Sidky, H., Colón, Y. J., Helfferich, J., Sikora, B. J., Bezik, C., Chu, W., … de Pablo, J. J. (2018). SSAGES: Software Suite for Advanced General Ensemble Simulations. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 148(4), 044104. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5008853
Zhou, C., Kurosawa, T., Dazai, T., Doise, J., Ren, J., Bezik, C., … Nealey, P. F. (2018). Studying the effects of chemistry and geometry on DSA hole-shrink process in three dimensions. In E. M. Panning & M. I. Sanchez (Eds.), Emerging Patterning Technologies 2018 (p. 19). SPIE. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2297461
Bezik, C. T., Garner, G. P., & de Pablo, J. J. (2018). Mechanisms of Directed Self-Assembly in Cylindrical Hole Confinements. Macromolecules, 51(7), 24182427. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.7b02639
Doise, J., Bezik, C., Hori, M., de Pablo, J. J., & Gronheid, R. (2019). Influence of Homopolymer Addition in Templated Assembly of Cylindrical Block Copolymers. ACS Nano, acsnano.8b08382. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.8b08382
Talk at APS March Meeting 2018, Los Angeles, California
Talk at 2018 AIChE Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Talk at APS March Meeting 2019, Boston, Massachusetts
You can find the full, updated version of my CV here.